Thursday 28 April 2016

Congratulations to Lorna Rider

Like most people, I have my school friends on Facebook.

Politically, I'm very revolutionary. Coming from a Catholic school I have never taken much interest in the posts that my old school 'friends' decide to share. That's not to say that all my old school attendees are particularly conservative, I'm sure many of them have opened their eyes to the world we live in. It's just that I never see it. Perhaps they never share their anguish at the system we live under. Perhaps it is because most do not care.

Either way, it is always refreshing when I see someone from my school life actively participate in political situations. Unfortunately it rarely happens.

So I want to take this opportunity to congratulate someone I was at school with.

Lorna Rider, to me was just a 'goth girl' that I went to school with. You know the type, black hair, lots of make-up and generally on the outside of the 'norm'. Being somewhat esoteric myself, I never judged.

She grew up to be a nurse, a dedicated one at that. I've seen lately many posts in support of the junior doctors strike, fighting to save the NHS, but never from my old school friends, not until I started seeing Lorna's posts.

So I commend Lorna, for standing up to the current Tory goverment's plans to privatise the NHS. I commend her for having the courage to stand up in public and say what is on the mind of most NHS staff. It makes me proud to see that others care, and it gives me hope for the next generation.

Well done Lorna, good for you. 

I hope you can all see this link, Lorna standing up for all of us



No comments:

Post a Comment