Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sharing is Caring

I've become hooked on falling asleep as I listen to horror stories, so I am currently sitting in a pub waiting for a Lovecraftian fiction podcast to download. In the mean time, I've been fiddling around with my blogs and I've redesigned how they are publish.

So what's changed? Well I've separated my stories, poems and general soliloquies, that much is obvious. When I started this blog I had no idea where I was going with it. I just started writing my thoughts and feelings and publishing them like an online journal, and even then I rarely stuck to it. I would come online, write a post, leave it a few months and come back to it later. Most of it was pointless dribble anyway, so all of that has been cleaned up.

Now it has dawned on me that I will finish my novel within the next month at the rate I'm going. The next step will be publication, which is difficult at best for a virgin author, impossible at worst. So what could help in my struggle to gain credibility and therefore a readership? An archive of my works of course, and a following.

So this redesign is an attempt to stay on top of my writing and gain some followers. Dare I say it I might even get a Twitter at some point, but for now I'll see how many stories and poems I can whip out before my novel is published.


I've never really addressed my readership personally, so here's a start. If you are someone who reads my ramblings, please remember: sharing is caring. Let's try and get this blog as visible as humanly possible, and I'll vow to publish a new story or poem as often as I can.

(PS. In case it isn't obvious enough. To the right you can find links to the stories and poems that I've published on here.)

(PPS. If you also like Lovecraftian fiction, click here for some soothing pod casts: http://lovecraftzine.com/magazine/podcast/)

No comments:

Post a Comment